Re: Gtk::DrawingArea and libglademm

Thanks Jonner for the explanation,

Now I'll try to do this with the GDK Api. I have created a subclass of Gtk::DrawingArea and I put this manually with the others widgets referenced with libglademm, I'll hope that this works fine for my application. If someone have worked referencing the Gtk::DrawingArea with libglademm I prefer to do it in this way, any suggestions are welcome.

Javi Aranega
University of Alicante
Spain

2006/8/30, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com>:
On 8/30/06, Javier Aranega <javi aranega gmail com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
>  * With the gtkmm-2.4 API I have to work with GDK functions, not with
> cairomm? I have to install the 2.10 version to work with cairomm? It's
> really better?

cairomm integration is only present in gtkmm 2.10 and later.  However,
GTK+ uses cairo since version 2.8.  So if you have gtk+ version 2.8
installed, you can still use GTK+/cairo.  You'll just have to use the
unwrapped (C) functions.  If you don't have 2.8, you'll have to use
the GDK drawing functions.  the GDK stuff works fine, but I find cairo
much easier to work with.

>  * My Gtk::DrawingArea is created with Glade and it's referenced with
> refXml->get_widget(). I don't know how to do that my class be a subclass of
> the DrawingArea that I've created with Glade and the widget call the
> on_expose_event(GdkEventExpose *event) to redraw every time is needed.

I don't have much experience with libglademm, so I can't be of much help here.

--
jonner