Re: [OT] Database access with gtkmm application?

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:12:34 +0200
"Jef Driesen" <jefdriesen hotmail com> wrote:

> A few years ago, I have written a windows application in Visual Basic. Since
> I'm (slowly) moving to linux, I want to rewrite it. For the GUI part, gtkmm
> seems a good choice (seems easy to use and cross-platform). But what are my
> options for the database part? Under windows, I have used the Visual Basic
> database classes with an MS Access database.

you can try ODBC. In linux, there are two variant what i know, iODBC and unixODBC.
What i look, it has driver for M$ Access too. But yes, there is many better solutions then
M$ Access. It's question, what you need, if client-server or only single-client application.

I reason about sqllite long long time ago. But mostly, i need client-server application (MySQL,
especially 5.x). So ODBC driver is good choice. There is some C++ implementation too, and
some benchmark not look so badly.

--
Ondrej Tuma

Unix-like system is the best operation system from the top of the world.
I'm lucky BSD and linux user. :) Use unix-like, be free. :)

www.blackmouse.biz       www.radioakropolis.cz            hash.webjet.cz
ICQ: 107760454          JABBER: mcbig jabber cz   MSN: ondra tu atlas cz