Re: [OT] Database access with gtkmm application?

On 8/21/06, Bob Caryl <bob fis-cal com> wrote:

I like to use PostgreSQL myself.  There is an API distributed with it
called libpq.

See http://www.postgresql.org/download/

for details.

Bob Caryl

Jef Driesen wrote:
> A few years ago, I have written a windows application in Visual Basic. Since
> I'm (slowly) moving to linux, I want to rewrite it. For the GUI part, gtkmm
> seems a good choice (seems easy to use and cross-platform). But what are my
> options for the database part? Under windows, I have used the Visual Basic
> database classes with an MS Access database.

It depends on your database requirements.  If you don't need a
full-featured database server like postgresql, you could look into
something like sqlite as well (http://www.sqlite.org/).  I've never
personally used it, but It seems to have a fairly simple C API, and
it's fairly popular for these sorts of situations.

--
jonner