Re: using gtkextra from gtkmm 2.x?

On Aug 11, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Torsten Luettgert wrote:
Can I somehow, as a kludge, generate the graphs with gtk+extra 2.1.1's
C functions and add them to a gtkmm 2.8.8 Window, i.e. use C widgets
in C++ containers?

I don't see any reason why you can't. Just call gobj() on your C++ container, and then use the normal GTK functions to add your C widgets.

Note: I have not tried this directly, but have had no problems interchanging C and C++ in other ways, including using a C callback into libglade to instantiate a custom C++ widget, so I am led to believe that there really aren't any problems mixing and matching.

- Michael