Re: What does this error mean?

> Hi,
> Could someone tell me what this might mean, or how to fix it?
>
> glibmm-ERROR **:
> unhandled exception (type std::exception) in signal handler:
> what: St9bad_alloc
>
> If I can provide any other info, please let me know and I will gladly do
> so.

I think that one of your signal handlers has thrown an exception. This
might be indirect. For instance, maybe your signal handler calls a method
that throws an exception, and you have not caught it with a try/catch. I
do wonder how you managed to get a std::bad_alloc exception though.

A gdb backtrace should show which of your signal handler caused this. You
might need to run with --g-fatal-warnings to get a good backtrace.

gtkmm doesn't allow signal handlers to throw exceptions, so it warns you
when this happens. This is because it would have to pass through a C
function call, and they can't throw exceptions. It's a good idea to catch
your exceptions earlier anyway.

www.openismus.com