Help building the examples

Hi there,

I have a quick question about building the examples included with gtkmm-2.4. The tutorial says that you can simply navigate to the example directory and type 'make' however there is no makefile. I was able to find the Makefile.am on the website (gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/examples/book/EXAMPLE). I'm  just learning the  the GNU autotools system but from what I understand you need to supply a configure.in file in order for autoconf to build the configure script which 'configure' will then use to generate the makefile. However, there is no configure.in (or makefile.in) anywhere. Is this file included with the examples and if so where? If not I would greatly appreciate any help with writing an appropriate configure.in file for i586 gnu/linux. I have been reading through Gary Vaughan's tutorial as well as the corresponding info pages but I am very inexperienced in this area.

Thanks in advace