Re: gtkmm errors

Amadeus W. M. wrote:
It runs without crashing (perhaps because it is so simple), but
valgrind still reports 2 errors (that probably make my other
programs crash). See below.

I see similar errors, and a lot more of them, running your program on my Debian Etch box. No syscall warning, though. Most errors are in the dynamic loader (/lib/ld-2.3.6.so), but I do think there are errors similar to the ones you report in there (the second one definitely is).

Anyway, the GTKmm program I'm working on works fine, and I do remember seeing errors very much like the ones you quoted below when I was examining Valgrind output looking for my errors. I suspect that these errors are not the cause of your problem, but it is slightly disturbing that they exist.

But anyway, this indicates that I should probably test my code in FC5... I don't really want segfaults. I'll report back if I encounter similar unexplained problems.

- Michael