Re: Canvas item destructors

> If they are, it's entirely possible that they are just not using manage()
> with it.
>
> I, or someone else, will probably get around to looking at the bug
> eventually. Because it is safely in bugzilla it will not be forgotten.

Actually, I think you can safely close that bug as WONTFIX without
affecting anyone. We were evaluating Qt vs. Gnomemm (I was doing the
Gnomemm part) for the re-write of our canvas-based GUI (FlowDesigner).
I'd have a pretty hard time trying to convince the others to use the
Gnomemm solution considering that after 2 weeks, I still haven't found
anyone who even knows how the canvas is supposed to work (let alone
finding any proof that it can actually work).

The only thing I'd recommend would be to clearly mark libgnomecanvasmm
as "Experimental -- do not attempt to use it yet", so that others don't
end up wasting their time on it thinking it's usable. Note that I'm not
talking about Gtkmm here, which I think is very well designed and at
least sufficiently documented to be usable.

	Jean-Marc