custome exception handling

Hi,

I have problems with custom exception handling.  Whenever i add a
custom handler using Glib::add_exception_handler(), even a direct
copy of standard glibmm_unexpected_exception(), I get this:

    terminate called without an active exception
    Aborted

Apparently, I shouldn't rethrow the current exception, but then
there is no way to know what it is...  Any ideas?  Is it a known
problem?

(But Gtkmm is very old, version 2.4.10 in Debian Sarge.)

Paul