Re: input dialog

On 8/1/06, sebastien escudier <sebastien escudier wanadoo fr> wrote:
Hello

I am trying to create an inputdialog.

Gtk::InputDialog dialog;
dialog.run()

It's working, but I don't get an empty input dialog. Instead I get a "synaptics
touchpad" dialog with a lot of buttons and combo list.

I realy don't understand why I get this.

I can add my own buttons, it's working, but I still have the others one from the
 "synaptics touchpad".

thank you for your help

I think maybe the problem is that InputDialog isn't what you think it
is :)  (I've made this mistake before too).  InputDialog is actually a
dialog for configuring your X input devices (mouse, etc).  See this
description in the GTK+ documentation for details:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkInputDialog.html#id3612823.
As the description says, it's a bit of an oddity and not a very
general-purpose kind of widget, so I'm not sure about how it became an
official GTK+ widget.
If you want a simple 'ask the user a question and let them type a
response' dialog or something similar, you currently have to build it
yourself (though it's not difficult).

--
jonner