Re: glibc utility function errors

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try out a different version of glibc and see what happens.

Jonathon Jongsma wrote:

On 4/23/06, Matt Bragano <maestro485 comcast net> wrote:
Every time I use the glibc utility functions (Glib::get_home_directory()
specifically), I receive this runtime error:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x080827f8 ***

However, if I replace Glib::get_home_directory() with a hard coded path
(i.e. /home/matt/) everything seems to work fine.

I'm fairly new to both c++ and gtkmm, so please excuse me if this is an
obvious thing or the wrong list.

I don't have any recommendations on your particular problem, but I
just wanted to let you know that I think you're confusing glibc and
GLib (admittedly their names lend themselves easily to confusion). glibc is the GNU C library (i.e. the C standard library that gets
automatically linked to any C program by gcc).  Glib is a
general-purpose utility library used by GTK+ and GNOME.  These are
very different things.  The error you're seeing is from glibc, not
Glib (of course, GLib might be causing the error in glibc, I don't
know).

Jonner