Re: Finding the column index for a Gtk::TreeViewColumn from a Gtk::TreeView

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 20:15 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
> Does anyone knows how I can find the column index for a given
> Gtk::TreeViewColumn from a Gtk::TreeView object? Thanks!

if you are talking about doing this from (for example) a button event
handler then suprisingly enough, you can't. the tutorial on the treeview
mentions this deficiency, which i find hard to believe. i use the
solution of using the set_data() method to store a column index at
construction time and get_data() to fetch it in the event handler. it
seems crude and i think that GTK+ should do better on this one.

--p