Re: New GTK+ classes to wrap

On 4/3/06, Marko Anastasov <marko marko anastasov name> wrote:
> У пон, 03. 04 2006. у 15:49 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma пише:
>
> > your cairo was not compiled with png support.  It is safe to
> > ignore that as it's just an example program.  It really should be
> > protected with an #ifdef, as Armin suggested.  I'll fix that soon.
>
> Turns out it isn't:
>
> --
> checking for PANGOMM... configure: error: Package requirements
> (glibmm-2.4 >= 2.8.0 cairomm-1.0 >= 0.1.0 pango >= 1.5.2) were not met:
>
> No package 'cairomm-1.0' found

It should have still installed it.  Maybe pkg-config just can't find it.
What architecture are you running?  If it's an AMD64, I've seen an
issue where some of the libraries installed by jhbuild get installed
in ${prefix}/lib and some get installed in ${prefix}/lib64.  When they
get installed in the 'wrong' one, pkg-config can't find them. I
haven't figured out yet exactly why that is, but you might check that
if you're using an AMD64 system.  If that's the case, you could add
the other one to PKG_CONFIG_PATH (or whatever it's called) or just use
a symbolic link the cairomm-1.0.pc file to a directory in pkg-config's
path.

> --
>
> Anyway I don't understand how my cairomm compiled/configured without
> png support. How can I rebuild it properly? I tried doing make uninstall
> and make clean and running jhbuild again but it doesn't work.
>
> Marko

You need to have libpng installed in order for png support in cairo.
It might be enough just to install the libpng-dev packages from your
distro, or you might need to install them from source to the same
prefix you're installing cairo with jhbuild (e.g. /opt/gnome2 or
similar).  Then you'll need to rebuild cairo.