Re: ScrolledWindow and Layout

Rose Cumming wrote:
> I'd like to have a vertical scroll bar that can scroll a Gtk::Layout
> that can potentially be larger than the screen.
>
> should I call:
>
> m_ScrolledWindow.set_vadjustment(*m_Layout.get_vadjustment());
>
> or
>
> m_Layout.set_vadjustment(*m_Scrolled.get_vadjustment());
>
> I tried both, they did not seem to work.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong in the attached code?

You don't need any of the two, the scrolledwindow has vadjustment and
hadjustments automatically

get_adjustment is used as follows

Gtk::Adjustment * v_scroller;
v_scroller = m_ScrollerWindow.get_vadjustment;

v_scroller->set_value(m_GearsScene.get_width() );

for instance... the functions exist in order to allow interaction... or
maybe setting multiple widgets with the same adjustment e.g. a
spinbutton and a scrollbar or so..

when gearsscene becomes too big the scrolledwindow should make the
scrollbar appear automatically (since you've set it to the automatic policy)

-Bartek