Re: Xlib: unexpected async reply

Foster Gareth wrote:
Worked for me ... weird.

Indeed, maybe it can't be displayed using Gecko browsers and I only have browsers installed using the gecko engine (Firefox and Epiphany).

Whatever, I have another question:
I just tested the stuff using the gdk_thread_* functions, but it still doesn't work properly. The Async error messages from X11 are gone, but now it looks as if the gnome-vfs asynchronous functions don't work properly anymore.

Maybe there is something else I have to consider when using gnome-vfs? They run in separate threads but I have no influence whatsoever on their behavior. For example, I run asynchronous transfers, which call signal handlers of gtkmm widgets. In these signal handlers I embraced everything using:

{
gdk_threads_enter()

//... signal handler stuff, update progressbar and so on

gdk_flush();
gdk_threads_leave();
}

Well, now the errors are gone, but the program doesn't do anymore what it's supposed to, in fact transfer files :D

And why do I need to acquire a lock before calling the Gtk main loop?

Regards,
Matthias