From: "Rose Cumming" <rose_alice_cumming hotmail com>
To: paul linuxaudiosystems com
CC: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Re: MIT-SHM example
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:44:09 +0000

I'm not confused.
My application (client) and the X server are running on the same machine.

I want to have very high frame rates to playback my raw data images.
I have tried drawing primitives like draw_rgb_image and draw_gray_image.

What you said was consistent with previous email archieves I read. Using MIT-SHM will avoid network flow because the image (Xmage) use shared memory when the client and server are on the same machine.
I have this link
http://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.5.0/doc/mit-shm.txt
that talks about shared memory XImage.

but if anyone has working example of how to set up a simple application, it would be greatly appreciated.