Re: Gdk::Screen

Jeez I just found out if if I do: m_refScreen->get_width() it doesn't return the width of the currentscreen, but it adds the width of the screen next to it, grrrr pls I need some help on this or if someone can set me on the right track with a website or something.

grts Bart

Bart Verstraete wrote:

Hi,.
I wanne search on the pc if there are monitors with a specified resolution are connected. If so my app has to run there in fullscreen on it, if not the user has to be informed about it.
some ex code:
m_refScreen = get_screen(); // m_refScreen is RefPtr to a Gdk::Screen, get_screen() is called on a Gtk::Window std::cout << "Aantal monitors: " << m_refScreen->get_n_monitors() << "\n";
  std::cout << "x: " << m_refScreen->get_width() << "\n";
  std::cout << "y: " << m_refScreen->get_height() << "\n";
I develop on windows, I prefere to use gtkmm because I can easy port to linux. If it don't go with gtkmm the windows api calls are also ok I will search the linux variant later.

Grts Bart