RE: Widget for displaying filesystem contents

>     Best bet is to look at /directory_iterator/ from Boost::Filesystem
> library ( http://www.boost.org/libs/filesystem/doc/index.htm ) which,
> like gtkmm, has very good documentation!

Might also want to use Gnome::vfs - boost filesystem was great to use when I
tried it though.

Another possibility might be to pilfer code from nautilus, it would be C
code though, and who knows if the GUI functionality you are after would be
easy to separate from the bulk of the nautilus code. Could do with a
libnautilusfilesystemview or something I suppose.

Gaz