Re: Questions on Key-Press Event

--- Bob Caryl <bob fis-cal com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have several applications that use more than one
> window.  I
> implemented context sensitive help by using the
> following in the
> constructor for the main application window:
>
> // code snippet

Gtk::Main::signal_key_snooper().connect(sigc::mem_fun(*this,&<your

> window class name::your callback slot>));
> ///////////////////////
>
> where "your window class name" is what it describes,
> as well as "your
> callback slot."  In the callback slot connected to
> this signal, you can
> intercept any keystroke you like, then return 1 so
> the regular keystroke
> handlers will ignore the keystroke, or 0 to allow
> this event to be
> passed along to them.

  Thanks, this works like a charm. I very much
appreciate it!

  Also, thanks to all those who contributed to gtkmm -
I have extensive experience with MFC (and, to some
extent, QT), but have never experienced GUI code as
clean as when using gtkmm.

http://mail.yahoo.com