Re: Better way to do a syntax highlight

Probably the best way is to use gtksourceview, although it is a bit of
a pain to get your widget set up right, once it is, its really good.

Link to their demo widget, for code stealing :)

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=gtksourceview%2Ftests/test-widget.c&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome

I have got a fairly basic version of gtksourceviewmm (which was
started by Jae Jang), that i'm working on as part of AmyEdit,
(http://amyedit.sf.net), which might be a bit simpler to use, although
it was created against an old version of gtksourceview so might be a
bit out of date.

Hope this helps.
Rob.