Glib::ustring conversion

Hi there.

I'm building a simple calculator with Glade(mm) and I would like to know if it is possible to convert Glib::ustring to double and then double to Glib::ustring. I need this because the calculator has an entrytext widget and when I press the numbers and signs (plus, minus, multiply, divide, left parenthesis and right parenthesis) a string is shown at this entry text: "1254 + 13241 - (13241 * 1341)". When the equal button (=) is pressed I want to pass this string as a double and make C++ to solve this mathematic expression for me and return the result, so I can set it as the entry text string again.

If anyone could help me, I would appreciate.

Regards,

Arthur