Re: Gtk::Widget::signal_focus_out_event

Murray Cumming wrote:

The Gtk::Widget::signal_focus_out_event  signal specifies a call back
slot that returns a boolean value.  All the examples I've found on its
useage to date simply returns a TRUE value on exiting.  Does anyone know
what happens if I return a FALSE?

In general, it means that other default handlers will get to process the
signal too:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/apbs06.html

Will that result in the widget not
losing focus?

No idea.

www.openismus.com

It appears the default signal handling is all that is controlled by the return value. My cursor leaves the entry regardless of the return value I use in my call back slot. Thanks Murray!

Bob