Re: Expose Events?

Andrew Shafer wrote:
> Is there a good reference that explains what generates an expose event?
> (a reference on any and all events would be nice)
>
> I have multiple top level windows and I want them all to raise() when
> any one of them is clicked.  I have a callback that raises all of them
> when any expose event is generated.  It works fine, but I notice there
> are lots of expose events. . . Does my method seem reasonable?  Anyone
> have an 'optimal' solution?

as I understand it any showing of the window (if it was partially hidden
for instance) is an expose event

>From the drawing area tutorial:

When a widget is first shown, or when it is covered and then uncovered
again it needs to redraw itself. Most widgets have code to do this, but
the DrawingArea does not, allowing you to write an expose event signal
handler to determine how the contents of the widget will be drawn.