block textbuffer selection

 Hello,

I have an editor, made using Gtk::TextView and Gtk::TextBuffer. In one moment in my application I'd like to "block" the selection of the text in the textbuffer, so than i can still place mouse cursor in the text area desired.
In othe words, i want to be able to make "invisible" some how the blue colour of the selection made with the mouse on the text,  or to change this selection colour in white for example (the color of the background of the textview).
Can anybody knows how to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Anca