Re: running a program with a different language than the current locale

On 11/3/05, ZeeGeek <zeegeek gmail com> wrote:
> may be you can open a terminal and set the variable LANG to portugese
> and then launch your program in that terminal.

I've tried that, but it doesn't seem to work for me.  I've tried the following:
LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8 appname
and
LC_ALL=pt_BR.UTF-8 appname
as well as both of these combined.  It doesn't seem to work unless i
log out and log in with a portugese GNOME session.  Maybe it's not
possible to run a program in a different locale from the rest of the
desktop?
Jonathon