inconsistent origin in treeview?

I am using gtkmm 2.4 on Solaris and Linux.  The problems described
below affect both platforms.

I have an application which displays data in a table which can be
sorted by any of its columns.  There is typically more data than
can be displayed in one screen, thus a scrollable view is presented.

The problem arises when I try to programmatically scroll up if a
new row is added to the top.  In some columns, the very top row
has a tree coordinate of y = 1, and in some columns the very bottom
row has this value (returned from get_cell_area of the first column
in that row).  The get_visible_rect().get_y() returns 0, and the
scrollable view is at the top of the table.  From the looks of this,
I have two origins for tree coordinates!

Another coordinate issue, though minor compared to the previous, is
that if I have the top row selected, and a new row appears above it,
they both have a y coordinate of 1.  Yes, even though the new row is
above the scrollable view.  If I've manually scrolled down some, I
get a negative value for y for the new row.

Have these issues already been addressed in a later version of
gtkmm?

Thanks,

--
Rob Meyers