Newbie Question - Dev C++

I've just finished installing GTKMM on my Windows machine. I have also
installed GTK and the GTK/Win32 Development Environment. I followed
the instructions on this page to get GTKMM and DevC++ working
together:

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ape.html

However, when I attempt to compile the sample GTKMM file found here:

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch03.html

Dev C++ chokes after about 50 different compile errors. It concludes
with this message:
 " [General Error] Too many messages; abort.
  There must be something terribly wrong with your code. Please fix it. "

I'm pretty sure I got every step of the installation indicated in the
first link above. Any idea what I messed up? (I tried a reboot, but
recieved the same errors.) I don't even know where to start fixing
this thing.)

Thanks,
The Sunburned Surveyor