Re: Some new to gtkmm questions

On Friday 18 March 2005 09:55, Bob Caryl wrote:
> HeyJohn,
> If you have something set up to hide the splash window (like a timer
> event) at some point, then I think the following code should work:
>
> SplashDialog *splash = new SplashDialog();
> Gtk::Main::run(*splash);
> delete splash;
> MainDialog mainDlg;
> Gtk::Main::run(mainDlg);

Thks, your suggestion (*splash) works fine.  Deriving from dialog would also
be a good approach though I already have some customized base classes - will
check it out though.   Now I need to get the dialogs centered on the screen -
can't find any calls to get screen center or the like - any good
suggestions ?
John