Questions on Combo inside TreeView

Hello. I'm using Gtk::CellRendererCombo to provide a combobox inside a TreeView. I have two questions:

1) The Combo is built from a TreeModel. The field selected with property_text_column() is the one to be shown in the combo. How to access the other columns for the selected item in the TreeModel? I mean, if one item is selected, how to access the values entered in the other fields for that item, without having to go through all the children comparing strings? 2) If I use property_has_entry() = true, it appears an entry I can edit, and a list I can choose from. If that property is false, then there's no entry, and the list is visible only while I'm pressing the mouse button. Now, how can I have a drop down list (that stays on while browsing it without having to hold the mouse button), but without letting the user edit a value that is not in the list?

Thank you very much,

Leandro.