Re: creating rounded windows ?

Bob Caryl wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 17:33:38 +0100, Francois Berger wrote:
i'm a newbie to gtkmm and i'd like to know if it is possible to use
some kind of transparency property to create a rounded frame, or a
frame with a hole in it...
Having been a Windows programmer for many years, this post intrigues me. Is there no support for the concept of "owner drawn" controls and windows under linux?

Well these are two separate concepts; what the OP was asking about would be done with SetWindowRgn() and family on Windows. There is an example of that, as mentioned before, in the wheelbarrow demo. For gtkmm: http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/examples/window/wheelbarrow.cc. I assume that with 'owner drawn' controls you mean 'custom controls with their own WndProc that handle all messages themselves, including WM_PAINT'. That can be done in gtk/gtkmm with 'custom controls', see the gtkmm documentation.

cheers,

roel