Re: on_exposure problem in custom widget

Murray Cumming a écrit :
On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 17:37 +0100, David Sillou wrote:

Hello,
I'm writing a widget for embeding xine in gtkmm apps

I believe that totem has such a widget already, in C.

 and it now works almost fine but there is still a problem i can't get
trough: when the on_exposure_event method is called, I pass the info
to  xine that handles it correctly (and redraw video image) but,
unfortunately, when  on_exposure_event is left, the widget's
background is redrawn in rectangle that  needed to be refreshed. Looks
like another handler is called with the same event after leaving
on_exposure_event ...

Could someone please help me.

DAve

bool gtXine::on_expose_event(GdkEventExpose* event )
{
  std::cout << "exposure fired" <<std::endl;
  if (event->count != 0)     return FALSE;

  XExposeEvent *expose=new XExposeEvent;
  memset(expose, 0, sizeof(XExposeEvent));
  // expose->count is now 0;

   if (m_stream) xine_gui_send_vo_data(m_stream,
XINE_GUI_SEND_EXPOSE_EVENT,         (void *) expose);

   sleep(5) // for tetsing purpose --> the rendering is now correct
for the sleeping time

  delete expose;

  return true;
}