Re: hide() show() make my program ends

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 07:15 -0500, Bob Caryl wrote:
Murray Cumming wrote:

There does not appear to be a way to do this trick (Gtk::MessageDialog visible, parent window invisible) so far as I can see.
Why should that be possible? Surely transient means that it's not
possible. If you don't want it to be transient then don't make it
transient.

What in the world does that comment mean? What is the antecedent of the pronoun "it" in your last sentence?

"it" is the MessageDialog.

Frankly, I don't know why he wants to hide his main window when he displays an error message. I can only assume he has his reasons. So, if "Gtk::MessageDialog visible, parent window invisible" is indeed impossible, how about just saying so and leave it at that?

It means, don't use the constructor that takes a parent window
reference, and/or don't use set_transient_for().

Thanks Murray...  I understand now.

Bob