Re: Applying a TextTag on newly-written Text

>Hi Andrew,
>
>I tried it out, but this seems not to work for me, either. Could you
>give me a piece of code showing how you apply the tag in the event handler?
>
>Armin

bool ClassName::on_keystroke(GdkEventKey *key)
{
  if (key->type == GDK_KEY_PRESS)
  {
    Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::TextBuffer> buffer = textview->get_buffer();

    // You can use whatever method you want to get the begin
    // and end text iterators
    Gtk::TextIter begin = buffer->get_insert()->get_iter();
    Gtk::TextIter end = begin;
    end++;

    // Apply the tag to the TextBuffer. 'tag' is whatever you
    // want the TextTag to be
    buffer->apply_tag(tag, begin, end);

    // You really don't need this, but I do it for good measure.
    textview->set_buffer(buffer);
  }
}

I hope this helps. You will obviously have to edit the code to
fit your needs, but this should get you on track.

---
Andrew Krause
andrew openldev org
www.openldev.org