Re: call a function in a module

While it's kind of hard to say exactly what the problem is without seeing more code in context, one thing to make sure you do when writing applications with plugins is to use the -rdynamic compiler flag when building the executable. This flag ensures that symbols are exported. By default, symbols are only exported from shared libraries.

Alan.

r jimenez voila fr wrote:

Hi,
i am working on a program which use load module.
In each module, i need to call functions from the program core's.

I succed in getting a variable in a class which belong to the core, but when i call a function, i get a segmentation fault.

I get the pointer via a function init when i search all the modules :

GetModule get_module;
get_module = (GetModule) func;
IPlugin* ptr_plugin = get_module();
ptr_plugin->init(auth_plugs);

In my module, i can get a variable from the class auth via the pointer auth_plugs :
(*auth_module)->var1

but the function following cannot be called :
Glib::ustring Auth::test(){
	return var1;
}

here :
(*auth_module)->test();

The segfault occurs when i call the function

I checked with ddd, the adresses of the pointers are good.

Can anybody help me ?

remy