RE: Gtk widgets in gtkmm (Previously no subject)

>> No, no, you misunderstand. I am quite aware of how to connect a
>> signal with Gtkmm. My situation is that I am connecting a signal
>> with Gtk _in_ a c++ program using g_signal_connect. The problem
>> is that it throws an error because the function I am connecting
>> it to is part of a class. The only way I know how to fix this is
>> to take the function out of the class, but I do not want to do
>> this. - Andrew
>>

>I'm sure you have your reasons, but you will probably now be asked why you
>are mixing gtk+/gtkmm and c/c++.

Well, the reason is because my project is split into multiple
parts, some written in c and some in c++. I try and choose the
most efficient method for whatever part of the application I am
working on and while c++ is more efficient here, I am using the
libvte terminal widget, which I don't think needs a c++ wrapper.

Its functions are so few that a wrapper would be more inefficient
than just working directly with the Gtk+ widget.

>Depending on your answer to the above, you may then be asked whether your
>question is better suited to the gtk+ mailing lists.

Good idea. I wasn't sure which list to post to, although I have
found this list more helpful and friendly, so I figured I would
try here first. I will try the gtk-list then. Thanks!

- Andrew Krause