ANNOUNCE: duty-roaster-0.0.79.92-r1

Summary:_
_========
Duty Roaster is a program for managing and generating duty rotas in a
userfriendly way.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/duty-roaster/

Dependencies:
==========
-- boost-1.32.0 with thread support enabled [gentoo users should emerge
boost with the 'threads' useflag]
-- sqlite-2.8.x, not sqlite-3.x
-- at least gtkmm-2.4.11

Features:
======
-- consideration of of individual hour duties, overtime laws and working
laws.
-- laws can be costumized for every single employee.
-- duty rotas can be constructed and modified through a spreadsheed like
    interface.
-- the user can define and store public holidays.
-- duty rotas can be generated automatically considering:
        - individual hour duties and rules.
        - individual preferences, which can be adusted almost stepless for
                - specific weekdays
                - specific shifts
        - the working power needed by the organisation the employees are
          working for.
        - shifts which are allready assigned manually.
-- duty rotas can be exported to html for printing.
-- holidays.
-- multi language support.

Planned:
======
-- suport of multiple accounts with username and password, preferably
one for
    every employee, and one administrator account.
-- monthly, quaterly and yearly settlements.
-- logging support.
-- use libcanvasmm for the spreadsheed interface instead of Gdk drawing
routines.

Would be nice:
==========
-- a plugin architecture for overtime and labour laws.
-- sql backend.

Thanks:
=====
-- my brother for implementig the export to html function and the
translation module.
-- BALANCE, an association for physically handicapped people for funding
this project.
-- all the others from the open source community for their great work
which made this project possible.

Notes:
=====
This is not only the first release of this program, but also my first
release. So if you experince troubles, especially with the makefiles do
not hesitate to write me an email or file a bug. In the download area
you also find an example save-file pair, which should be quite usefull
if you just want to have short impression on the program. Besides you
may notice that this program [not the source!] is completley
undocumented. I'll fix this when i've time.
You may notice a Doxyfile in the package. This is not an accident !
Windows binaries will be uploaded in the next two weeks.

Antonio