Re: Porting a Linux GTKMM app to Windows

Paul Cornford wrote:

I am trying to port a Linux GTKMM app (the example helloworld app from
the docs) to Windows using GTKMM-2.4 on both platforms. In Linux I am
using `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags` for compilation and `pkg-config
gtkmm-2.4 --libs` for linking. The source compiles and links fine in
Linux. When I try doing the same in Windows the compilation is
successful but linking fetches a whole lot of undefined references from
the compiler which happens to be the latest mingw. I have installed both
the gtkmm-2.4 runtime and development environments in Windows (98).
Seeing the backticks don't work in the Windows makefile I have expanded
this at the dos prompt using pkg-config...etc and then cut and past
these into the Makefile.

If the error message is related to

'vtable for Gtk::TreeViewColumn' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

you should use the -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc with g++ at link time.

Cedric