Re: doku for comboboxentrytext.h

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 09:30 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 02:55 +0100, Antonio Coralles wrote:
> the dokumentation for comboboxentrytext.h seems to be newer than the
> latest stable version for the library; at first i was wondering why
gcc
> cant find ComboBoxEntryText::get_entry and
> ComboBoxEntryText::set_active_text - but after looking into the header
> myself that becoms clear - these methods aren't declared [i'm using
> gtkmm-2.4.8].
>
> i didn't submit a bug report because i think this problem will
> automatically be fixed with the next version of gtkmm-2.4.

No, we don't add API in the stable series. The new API is in gtkmm
2.5.x.

Yes, the online documentation is for the latest version. Your distro
should help to you install exactly the correct documentation for your
version of the library.

... i guess that's not the fault of my distro - i'm just used in using the online doku and not the one installed with my version - maybe i should change this.

You should be able to use get_child() instead of get_entry().

so instead of _.get_active_text() i can use dynamic_cast<Gtk::Entry*>(_.get_child())->get_text() ?

murrayc murrayc com <mailto:>
www.murrayc.com <http://www.murrayc.com>
www.openismus.com <http://www.openismus.com>