Re: automatically hiding after Gtk::Dialog::run()

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 18:35 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> After Gtk::Dialog::run() returns, you must explicitly call hide(),
> instead of the dialog being hidden automatically. I think this is a bug.
>
> Can anyone think of any problems that would be caused by fixing this
> bug?

I don't know if this makes a difference, but Gtk2-perl requires the
explicit hide() after run() as well.  At least the docs state the
requirements clearly.

Perhaps add API:

int Dialog::run_and_hide()
{
  int result = run();
  hide();
  return result;
}

Usage:

Dialog better;
int you = better->run_and_hide();  // cause I'm gonna git you sucka

Ok, I admit it.  That was just an excuse for a joke.  But I still think
it's better to add API than "fix" the bug.  What's the consensus in
other bindings?

Regards,
Carl