Re: libglademm under MSVC .NET 2003

Damon Oberholster wrote:

I built all my own libraries for libglademm and gtkmm
(2.4.5).I have a working application using gtkmm and
libglademm. The problem is that I need to use it as a dll.
I'm using static libraries for everything except sigc which
is dll. (This is what the supplied workspace is set to)

I don't think mixing static libraries and DLLs is a good idea. I don't know if the _declspec(dllimport/dllexport) macros in glibmmconfig.h/gtkmmconfig.h can handle this correctly for MSVC.

May I propose you to try my latest build, based on CVS ? All libraries (libsigc++, glibmm, gtkmm, libglademm and libxml++) are provided as DLLs (+ import libraries) for MSVC.

You can get the developer package for mingw32 and MSVC from my page

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/

or directly

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/binaries/gtkmm-devel-2.4.8cvs-2.exe

and/or the runtime only at

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/binaries/gtkmm-runtime-2.4.8cvs-2.exe

Please keep in mind that this build is still beta quality and has not been fully tested.

Cedric