Re: Launching Applications without Interference

Andrew Krause wrote:

In my application I am using fpipes to run specific commands and print the
output in a ListStore in my application. This is just fine and dandy for
applications that my program is dependent on, but how do I run one without the
interference. For example, say I want my program to open up a specific page in
the default web browser without locking up my application. How would I do that?
I don't know if this would be a c++ or gtkmm solution, nor does it really
matter I guess. Thanks for the help in advance!

Sounds like you want popen(), which spawns a child process without blocking.

Cheers,
Tim