Re: Hard API freeze soon

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 16:07 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On March 9th, we'll release gtkmm 2.6.0, as per the schedule:
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.9/
>
> We are already past the API freeze, but after March 9th there will
> really be absolutely no chance to change the API. So, please do
> experiment with the new 2.6 API now. See NEWS to see what's new.

I'm not sure if this would be allowable, but would you consider adding:

Glib::RefPtr<T_CppObject>::operator T_CppObject*() const

I've found I needed to get the raw pointer on occasion, and I wind up
using operator->() which is ugly.  I'd even settle for a get_ptr()
function if the cast operator is considered too dangerous.

--
Carl Nygard <cjnygard fast net>