Re: gtkmm 2.5 and gtk 2.6

Morten Bo Nielsen wrote:

But when I run the program I a dll error. Roughly translated from danish
it says: Entrypoint atk_text_clip_type_get_type not found in DLL
libatk-1.0.0.dll.

That was the story, now for the questions:
1) Is it just not possible to make it work using msvc 6.0? People have
tried and failed, but it would be very very convenient for me.

No, msvc 6.0 is not C++ compliant enough. You need at least version 7.1 of the compiler.

2) Is there a atk 1.6 vs atk 1.9 issue between gladewin32 and the gtkmm
installer? If so, how do we/I fix it. I get absolutely nothing good from
trying with the 2.4 series, but using 2.6/2.5 I "almost succeed" - Is
there a new gtkmm/win32 release planned?

Yes, this is a bug in atk. Some symbols were not dll exported. Please download an updated distribution from gladewin32 and try again.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gladewin32/gtk-win32-devel-2.6-rc4.exe?download

No need to update gtkmm, you have the latest version.

And for some not-so-serious stuff:
How do I tell msvc that .cc files is c++ files, or, even better, tell
glade-- to make .cpp files?

One simple trick: Add a a blank.cpp file to your msvc project and all the source files (even the .cc ones) will be recognized as C++. Alternatively, look in the libsigc++ source tarball. If I remember correctly, there is a registry file that also do the trick.

Cedric