Re: Glib::SignalProxyProperty Problem

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 14:55 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> And you are not intended to use this directly. It is returned by
> property_*() accessor methods.

Thank you, I completely missunderstood the semantic of this class

> I don't think there is anything in glibmm to connect a signal by name at
> runtime. How could the compiler or runtime know that your method
> signature matches? You can use the glib API.
>
> Is this for some generic thing, or have we forgotten to wrap some
> signal?

A generic thing :). We have a Component based C++ API that allowes to
request slots/hooks at runtime. Using this API I am able to directly
process a glade file and use the information of the <signal> tag to
automatically connect the widgets and the component instances.

Using the C variant of GObject, I am able to query for signals, using
g_signal_lookup and g_signal_query. Sadly I have no idea, how to set a
functor/slot as callbacks for C based GObjects :(

By Gunther