Re: configure.ac - GTKmm with MinGW

Foster, Gareth wrote:

That worked to a point, PKG_CHECK_MODULES is recognised as a result of that
command, but then I am told that gtkmm isn't installed, but it is. I am
guessing from my experience on Linux that something is wrong with the .pc
files. Do these come with gtk+ gtkmm? If so, are they not supposed to be
added to my path etc by the installers?

Yes, the relevant .pc files should come with your favorite GTK+ or gtkmm installer. There are located in $BASEPATH/lib/pkgconfig.

Now, if you installed gtkmm in the same directory as GTK+, gtkmm-2.4 should be automatically detected by pkg-config. If, on the contrary, you chose any other target directory, you should set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable accordingly.

See the pkg-config man page for details.

In the future, my gtkmm installer might do that for you, but in the meantime, you have to do it manually.

Cedric