Re: Gdk::Window::add_filter() or gdk_window_add_filter() examples

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 08:04 +0300, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
> Hi, All!
> I need any hints about using Gdk::Window::add_filter(GdkFilterFunc
> function, gpointer data) or
> gdk_window_add_filter(...), in particular what this filter function
> looks like and how those
> gpointer data are made.
>     Igor Gorbounov

The data is some "state" information (such as a pointer to a C++ class
instance) that will be passed to the callback function.

This hasn't been wrapped as a sigc::slot<>, probably because I couldn't
see when it would be useful. The documentation says "This is a low-level
operation and makes it easy to break GDK and/or GTK+, so you have to
know what you're doing" and that scares me a bit.

This would be easy for someone to wrap properly. See the other
SignalProxy_* classes in the .ccg files. A patch would be welcome.
www.openismus.com