GtkImage programming advice required

Hi,

I'm struggling a bit with my first gtkmm prog and need a bit of advice.

I 'm using Anjuta on Linux and have a main window with buttons, sliders etc created in Glade and also a placeholder for an image. A GtkImage (is this correct?). The image will be an analogue meter indicating signal strength. I have the background bitmap to put into the GtkImage but I have to draw a black line for the needle, and of course update it as and when the signal strength changes.

So, I guess my question is how do I blit a bitmap image into the GtkImage placeholder?

I have attempted to find examples of this but they just show simple writing to the whole main window or just loading a bitmap from a file. This of course is not what I want.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA, Mike