Re: License question

They put this on their site:

Q: I see. So, what restrictions are there on programs that use the library?
A: None. We encourage such programs to be released as open source, but
we won't punish you or sue you if you choose otherwise.

So I guess this means that it is okay to use the library in a
proprietary app. At least, they promise not to sue, anyway. I wonder
if a promise on a website would have legal weight?