Re: mplayer in a gtk application

Murray Cumming wrote:

[...]

You could see Totem's source code.
Thanks, i've almost forgotten about this player.

Really, someone should work on the gstreamer C++ bindings.

I've read recently that Arpad Gereoffy, the author of Mplayer, intended to propose the mplayer's API as a standard for movie player API in Linuxes. I've tried hard but haven't found any glimpse of documentation for mplayer API. But mplayer is a great application. What about totem - it seems to me very weak as compared with mplayer. Perhaps it just
cannot implement most of gstreamer's movie features.
   Igor Gorbounov