UI event sounds

Does gtkmm have some facility for making gnome user interface event sounds?
I'm thinking of audio feedback to the user for when they take some sort of
action in the application's user interface like clicking a button, or
setting / unsetting a checkbox.

Having dug into it a bit, I know that it'll probably boil down to calling
the correct gnome_triggers_do function call for each event.  What I'm
wondering is if gtkmm already has some sort of support for this, or not, and
if so, how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Erik.